Bituminous Products is dedicated to providing products to our customers that can be recycled where possible and do not result in environmental harm.
We are fully committed to achieving our aim of “Zero Harm” to the environment, and to continually improving our environmental standards for the benefit of the environment, our employees, stakeholders and the community.
Bituminous Products will achieve this by:
- Aiming to reduce, recover or recycle in all aspects of our business, including integrating environmental factors in our decision making process;
- Complying with all relevant environmental laws, regulations, licences, consents, standards and site requirements.
- Ensuring that all employees are trained, and have the information and resources necessary, to understand what the impacts of their activities are and to enable them to work in an environmentally responsible and competent manner;
- Assessing the environmental hazards, risks and impacts of our activities and developing and implementing appropriate controls;
- Liaising, consulting and building relationships with our employees, government, local community and other key stakeholders to develop mutual respect for one another and the environment;
- Reporting our environmental performance openly and transparently;
- Ensuring that all incidents are fully investigated, specifically identifying the root causes so that remedial actions may be taken;
- Learning from our performance to continually improve our processes and work practices;
- Setting internal targets which drive us to continually improve our environmental performance;
- Regularly reviewing and continually improving the policies and procedures contained in our Management System;
- Undertaking regular audits and inspections of our sites.
In addition, we aim to utilise best practice for the reduction of climate-modifying emissions by optimising product and process energy consumption.
This policy applies to all employees and contractors engaged in activities under Bituminous Products’ operational control.
This policy is reviewed annually, and updated as required.